At present, in the area of the open-air museum there are 74 buildings of large and small regional architecture from Warmia, Mazury, Powisle and the Little Lithuania.

The buildings are varied architecturally and functionally. Among them are dwellings, livestock and farm buildings, churches and industrial structures such as a water mill, an oil house and a smithy. The interiors of the buildings consist of exhibits gathered after 1945, presenting traditional methods and rituals in the country in the 19th and 20th centuries.